Tuesday 23 March 2010

A Fresh Start


As usual around Christmas and the New Year obligations start to mount up and pretty soon it's March and I've hardly done any real card making at all! I had a few days holiday to take, so decided to re-organise and get inspired again.Since I started crafting I've been keeping all my stash in a fairly chaotic manner, staked up on the dining room table. It was really hard to craft as everything was everywhere and I spent half my time looking for the right item. On Friday we went to IKEA and decided to solve the problem once and for all. We bought 2 new bookcases, as well as a fabulous new crafting table.

The best part was that I had to sort through all my stash in order to get it on the new shelves, and by doing this I realised two things. One is that I have tons of stuff I forgot about. I'm sure this feeling is familiar to all crafters! I found whole kits I've not touched since the day I bought them. The other thing I realised was that a little organisation goes a long way. I sorted all my little bits of paper into a file folder in colour tones. So now there's no more scrabbling through little scraps of paper, I just go to the file and open to the correct section.

The sort through has really inspired me and since then I've been experimenting with my watercolour paints.

I've yet to find a colouring method I really get on with, so I'm trying to make this one work! My trouble is that I love bright colours so I never really know when to stop...I struggle with copic markers mainly because I can't really afford to buy a full range of pens, and options for colouring become quite limited with only one set. Coloured pencils are great, but I often struggle to blend them to good effect.


What do you do to get re-inspired? I hope there are some cost free solutions out there. Although buying new storage has helped, it was quite costly!

No comments:

Post a Comment