Monday 5 April 2010

Bank Holiday Fun


Well, I managed to book the whole bank holiday weekend off work this year, so decided to spend a good deal of my time crafting! I've been using my new stamp carving set to great effect. I've made some sets of 4 notecards each, using some really high quality card blanks I managed to find at a really good price. I enjoyed the ease of making these. It's quite easy to get bogged down in the detail when you are card making, so to do something really simple but striking is a breath of fresh air.


We did intend to go to the car boot sale today. I love scouting round the stalls for postcards and stamps, as well as second hand books. I love really old postcards of mountains and am building up quite a collection. Anyway, it was drizzling with rain and when we arrived there were a grand total of 3 stalls and no other cars! So instead we decided to head over to the Range.

Although I promised myself I would just browse, I ended up buying the vintage shades of the whisper marker pens and a blender pen. I've been using watercolours recently, but thought I could re-visit the markers and see how it went. To my surprise the marker pens are quite versatile and can be used in a similar way to watercolour pencil crayons. I'll post some of the results at a later date!

No comments:

Post a Comment