Thursday 29 April 2010

Competitions!


A new paper craft shop has recently opened in a local town. I'm really excited about this as the nearest craft shop so far has been in either York or Darlington, which are a good 30 minute drive from home. The shop is called 'The Paperlane', and for anyone who is interested, leave a comment and I can give you directions.

I haven't actually visited the shop yet, but I have entered their competition to win £30 of crafting goodies. OK, the photo I took is rubbish because of the lighting, but I think you can see pretty much the idea of the card.

This is the first time I have ever used making techniques and I was really please with the way it turned out. I used one of my clear cupid flower stamps with a brown ink over the original black inked gorjuss girl. Then I coloured her using whispers markers (in my opinion as good as pro-markers and much cheaper).

In other news I splashed out today and bought a cuttlebug. I've been toying with the idea of buying an embossing machine, but I've always been reluctant because of the cost (around £50). I think I'll use the embossing folders more than the die cuts. I really haven't found a way to get on with die cuts in general, but maybe the cuttlebug will inspire me.

Does anyone have any top cuttlebug tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment